1. Build/maintain a highly effective team, and motivate, coach and develop team members.
2. Drive business growth through leadership of the business development function.
3. Prepare and follow-up on proposals to clients including pricing and commercial strategy in-line with business goals and targets. Responsible for all facets of the commercial negotiation of contracts.
4. Responsible for gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding clients, competitors and the marketplace. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information.
5. Build and maintain relationships and expand influence with new pharmaceutical and biotech clients, and participate in key meetings, as appropriate.
6. Refine business processes to improve business performance and client satisfactions.
7. Responsible for tracking all activity at multiple project, reporting sales and profitability of the account; leading the account strategy development and execution, responsible for forecasting and pricing.
8. Plan and manage territory business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy and sales plan. Maintain and develop existing and new clients using the most current selling practices and relevant functional department liaisons to optimize service quality, business growth, and client satisfaction.
9. “Own” the relationship with the client; maintain and drive continuous improvement and communicate client’s needs internally. Develop and lead appropriate governance structure at each account/client.
10. Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
11. Provide timely call reports, maintain account files, etc.
Qualifications (Essential Qualifications and Desirable Qualifications):
1. PhD degree in a scientific discipline.
2. More than five years of business development experience in sales/marketing required.
3. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to motivate others to perform, both by direct supervision and by influence.
4. Proven successes setting sales strategy, establishing legal documents and negotiating contractual terms is required.
5. Demonstrated account, key account and project management skills.
6. Broad but substantial knowledge base in multiple business lines.
7. Experience in development and manufacturing (chemical or bio) a plus.
8. Business development experience with pharmaceutical companies and/or CROs.
9. High level of written and verbal English.
10. Frequently travel both in the U.S. and internationally.
located in southwest China, is a contract research organization (CRO) providing preclinical research services specialized on non-human primates. The core competency of KBI stems from our expertise in developing and running specialized primate animal models to test drug candidates and medical devices for their pharmacological effects and biocompatible repairs. A large animal colony combined with experienced research and scientific study teams can offer “one-stop service” which ensures quality and detail. We also conduct adjacency studies in PK/PD, in vivo pharmacology and preliminary toxicology.
Our experienced research and management team offers cost effective study of the highest quality while applying the highest standards of animal welfare and animal ethics. KBI incorporates all standards necessary to achieve AAALAC accreditation and GLP compliance.